Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to Run

What time of the day do you run? I vary it but I think I prefer the mornings because then it is done for the day and I feel great all day. I have a little more spring in my step in the am and there is less interference with kid schedules or evening events. I like to shower and dress for the day AFTER I have already gotten messy and sweaty and then I can also check it off the list. The down side is that I tend to eat a little more than I probably should over the day as I think it is "OK".

There have been lots of times where I have run in the evening due to various conflicts or absent husband etc... During the warmer months it is not too bad but now it is cold, dark and very miserable by 6:00pm. I usually can't get out in the evening until after 8:00 (post kid bed time) so it is not so pleasant. However, some of my fastest runs have been in the evening...

What do you do?

Also, I have posted this video because I thought it was a great "mini" inspiration. Enjoy!  Happy Thanksgiving to my American bloggers!


13 comments:

Kim said...

I like to run in the morning. Like you, get it knocked out and I feel better about myself and have more energy. But...it's hard to roll myself out of bed in the winter time to do it.

Anonymous said...

I'm a morning girl. If I wait till afternoon I just think of too many excuses.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'm all over the place too. Now that I am working at home, and have the luxury of setting up my own schedule, I try to make time for a morning run, after my son has left to go to school. I'm like you, then it's done, I shower, and move onto my day. I don't like running outside in the dark at night by myself, so if there is a group run planned in the evening, I'll do some other form of x-training in the morning, and run with them in the evenings. :)

Stacey said...

Cute video! I like running in the morning. Get it done first thing and then there are no "excuses" that can creep in. I like being done before my kids wake up. Have a great weekend!

Sonia said...

I like to run in the morning too, I find it hard to get out of bed but my days were so much better when I did.

Cindy posted that clip over the summer, I loved it!! What an adorable kid!

joyRuN said...

I have to run in the morning. Otherwise, I think of too many other things that need to get done.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Marci said...

That video is adorable. I am ready to roll this Sunday, and I hate getting up early! LOL.

Legs and Wings said...

I always run in the dark of early morning. It's the only time I can go because my wife runs too. I need to be home by 6am so I'm the nut you see at 4:30am.

Night time runs do not work for me. Getting 4 boys into bed is no easy chore. We aim for the 8pm.

I remember my first 5K race about 6 or 7 years ago. Race time was 9:30am and I was so freaked out about running in the light of day. Training in the dark did not prepare me for racing in the light.

Marlene said...

I can't get out of bed early enough to run in the AM during the week, so it's evenings for me... not a huge fan, but what can ya do?

I love running in the morning on the weekend.

CA said...

Night time running is definitely best for me. I always do long runs in the AM though. Happy Thanksgiving!

Alexandra said...

Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

What an adorable little girl n the video! We may need to watch out for her!

My preference is to run in the early morning on weekends (say about 6:30 or 7:00 in the summer and about 8:00 in the winter) and after work through the week. Although right now the after work ones are few and far between.

RunnerMom said...

I definitely prefer mornings---not crack-of-dawn early though. More like the 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. time frame.

I haven't done many mid-day or evening runs. I just have so little left in the evenings after chasing 3 children all day long.

I'm hoping to do a half-marathon in February that has an 11:00 a.m. start. That will be different.

Viv said...

That was the cutest video ever! I think I would not look so cute say I can Do It...i would prolly get a few eyerolls out on the course. Morning runs are best for me, but being a SAHM that means 9ish.