With that said, I could use some ideas on races I could do between now and January. I realize many of you are well outside the borders of the Greater Toronto Area but I still welcome some input. I know I need to be aware of my injury but I really want to get a few more races under my belt before the big day.
Here is my training approach until Disney on January 11th, 2009:
- break in my new orthotics
- invest in a few new ice packs
- follow my training plan to the letter
- schedule 10-12 stretch breaks into my day
- exhaust all my health benefits by booking a massage every week
- learn to live with discomfort until January 12th!
- accept that my goal may now be "to finish" instead of 4:30.
- Happily rest on my laurels from January 12th until Feb 12th if necessary!
Thanks again to all for the great messages!