Friday, November 21, 2008

Olympic Torch Relay 2010

Today I am a proud Canadian runner!  It was announced today that the Olympic Torch Relay for the Vancouver Olympic Games in 2010 will be the longest in history.  At 45,000 km, it will take 106 days and will reach the most northern population as well as both coasts

I would LOVE to participate in this event!  I can't think of a better way to be part of the Olympics (at 35 years old, I stand little chance of being a contender for the Olympic pairs skating.. :) )  I know there are likely thousands of others contending for a spot but I plan to jump through all necessary hoops and then hope for the best.   I have no idea when and how these decisions get made but I plan a full effort to be part of it! 

Can you imagine saying you were part of an Olympic relay??? 

10 comments:

Sonia said...

Sounds pretty cool! Hope you make it =) Canda is a big country!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that would be amazing indeed! Good luck and can't wait to hear about the hoops you jump through :)

joyRuN said...

Oooh - that would be so incredibly awesome if you get to do that! Good luck in hoop-jumping :)

Stacey said...

That would be so awesome! Good luck!

Janice {Run Far} said...

good luck! I hope you get what you want. That would be pretty great to say you were part of the BIGGEST Olympic relay.

Runner Leana said...

That sounds awesome! I'd love to be a part of it as well. Wonder how you do that...

Denise said...

That would be amazing!! Worth any hoops you need to jump through.

Marci said...

Cool, I hope you are able to be part of the relay. That's really a unique experience.

Steve Stenzel said...

That would be AWESOME!!!

Marlene said...

That would be amazing!!!