Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Day After....

Many have indicated that I might be crazy to attempt a trip through Disney with my hubby and little ones after the marathon but I really have no choice. Basically, there was no chance hubby and I were going without the children - especially when I am participating in this event for my daughter. Plus they are VERY excited and I couldn't bring myself to tell a parental fib about where Mommy and Daddy were going. (For those readers that are parents - you know the parental fib). I am excited to see them get excited so we are off all together!

However, we have only a short time down there so every day counts. Therefore, the concern for Mommy's legs (or in my case - my feet) will be VERY minimal. My husband is already warning me that within an hour of my finish the kids are banking on a second marathon through the parks. I guess this is when I have to draw on that super human "Mom" strength that you read about!

On that note, I came across a great video. Make sure you watch to the end. I plan to show the family this video and hope they have a little mercy...at least for an hour or so. :)

11 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

That is such a great video!!!! I've never been to Disney, but i can just imagine the looks on your kids' faces... it will all be worth it :D

Legs and Wings said...

Is this your first marathon? I guess you know it can be 'taxing' on the body. You'll pay for the distance. The buzz of completing the darn thing should provide the stamina to walk all over Disney's half-acre! Hopefully.

I think you are doing a truly honorable thing - with Joints in Motion. You mention that you are doing this for your daughter. Does she suffer from juvenile arthritis? If so, I know the weight of that disease as my co-worker's 7 year old daughter has it. His mother in law ran a JIM marathon in Hawaii a couple of months ago.

All the best to you.

Janice {Run Far} said...

holy crap that video is so dang funny. I have seen it before and it just make me laugh out loud, be cause I have have been there so many times. The last one is so funny witht he blood through his work shirt.

Marlene said...

You will have so much fun watching the kids' faces light up, you'll forget about the pain. (But bring lots of Ibuprofen just in case.)

Walking around afterwards will probably be really good for the muscles, anyway.

Sonia said...

I love this ad =)

The night after both my marathons I couldn't sleep because of leg pain... fyi! LOL So you might be walking in Walt Disney on no sleep but with all the glory! Wear your medal LOL

Anonymous said...

You might find walking around right after the marathon easier than the next day. I walked three miles home after running my marathon, but the next day I had to crawl up the stairs in our house. I did, however, manage to still walk my son to school. The hardest part is having to get moving after sitting for a while. :o)

Viv said...

It will be a great vacation. reserve one of those scooters just in case. Bonus you get to the front of the line everytime :-)

Aron said...

that will be so fun! i think their excitement will be contagious :) plus its good to walk around a bit after the marathon to keep those muscles loose!

tfh said...

It does sound like a crazy plan. But I'm guessing the endorphins plus seeing your thrilled kids will carry you through the day. (Unless you can find someone else to carry you?!) That video is hilarious.

Felice Devine said...

I guess the upside of walking around Disney after the marathon is that your muscles won't have a chance to seize up. They'll be too busy! It's always good to walk after a long run,though, so hopefully it will work out well for you!

Anonymous said...

At least you'll be walking off all your soreness. Or maybe you can rent a segway!