Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome All!

Hello All!

After many months of reading other posts and following so many running blogs, I thought it time to finally share my thoughts with the running community!  Despite the name of the blog, I promise not to bore you with too many ramblings about the joys of parenting or the ups and downs of scheduling running into an already overbooked life.  However, I may slip from time to time... 

On that note, I brief introduction is required.  As a young gal, I loved playing all kinds of different sports. Prior to the birth of my children, I loved the running and was known to periodically call myself a "runner".  With a brief return post baby number one, I found myself no longer worthy of the " runner" title after baby number two.  It seems two small children, a career, a husband, a house etc..does not lend itself to training the way I like to so instead I took the easy way out and just gave it up.  In the process, I lost myself (not to mention my body) and found I was giving up on more than my love of athletics.  After some prodding from the hubby and the return of some other moms, I managed to get right back in the saddle like I was never away!  Sure, the legs are a little slower and the cardio system needed a jump start but I am back at it with a vengeance, taking on bootcamp and tennis along the way.  

The number one lesson I have learned in my return is this:  It is not about how hard you train, but how to train WELL while still being a wife, mother, friend...a person. I hope I can impart on others the good, bad and ugly that I experience in order to add "runner" back to my personal identity!  Thanks for coming along!

11 comments:

Blyfinn said...

Marci asked us to stop over and welcome you. So welcome. Good luck in your initial marathon. It's an experience you'll never forget.

Melanie said...

yay! comments work! :D Welcome and good luck on your first marathon, i hope to be there one day too!

Julianne said...

Yay for a new running blog! I love what you wrote in your last paragraph, btw! I whole heartedly agree. Looking forward to many more posts of running and "life". :-)

Marci said...

Comments work! Can't wait to read all about your training.

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RoadBunner said...

Good luck with your first marathon! Disney was my first in 2005. It's a great first-timer's race! Enjoy it all!

D10 said...

Welcome to blog land!! Can't wait to follow your journey.

Marlene said...

Welcome to the blog world and welcome back to running. I look forward to reading about your journey.

Kim said...

Welcome! I'm also doing Disney. Both the half AND the full!

Look forward to reading your new adventures.

*aron* said...

welcome!!! looking forward to reading your blog and following your training! i just ran my first marathon a couple months ago and its so awesome! i cant wait to read how yours goes :)

COTY said...

Welcome ! Looking forward to reading about your journey.